Sunday 19 January 2014

One of my favourite Christmas traditions.

Every town has their Christmas traditions whether it be decorating a park, a part of town that receives special attention or anything else festive.

For my town, it has been Christmas in the Park for as long as I can remember. The beautiful lights strewn across the trees, the displays from all the different community businesses and groups, and of course the naughty and nice list we could sign off on. 

Christmas is my favourite time of year and always has been. I was one of those kids who refused to believe Santa wasn't real for years after my parents told me the truth. Every year, I obsessively watch The Santa Clause movies, because they remind of that magic that used to exist in believing in Santa. 

Christmas in the Park does that every year. Even if it's only for the half hour that it takes to walk back and forth through the park, when I'm there, it's like that magic is back and I can believe in Santa, the North Pole and the elves again. Call me crazy, but I love it. 

I can't wait until I get a better lens to enhance the park and hopefully show how beautiful it really is. But for now, this is the best I can do, and at least it gives you a glimpse of what it is like. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!