Wednesday 15 January 2014

Our First Christmas


It was definitely a different Christmas this year. For me, Christmas has always been sleeping in late, having coffee and opening stockings with my family, then chilling out all day eating finger foods and just having family time. A complete, lazy, family-filled day.

This year, since we're all off and married now, the mornings were spent with our spouses in our own homes. It was exciting having the chance to put up and decorate our own tree, finding out where we could decorate in the apartment, and just spending the morning together.

Hubby and I opened our presents from each other and just chilled, watching Disney movies and all that awesome stuff.

Prior to that, the decorating was a blast, and I was very pleased with the results. Our little tree was perfect for the first year, and though most of the decorations were fairly generic (we just bought two colours of bulbs so we had something), we started a tradition of buying one ornament together each year.

No-one believes me at this point, but Hubby totally picked this one out. I told him we could get something else, but he said no. I think it's a good start, especially since Santa got us each Mickey and Minnie decorations as well. 

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of them, but they're adorable. 

We also have special stockings that we got on our honeymoon at Disney. They were so lovely, and we wanted to get our names embroidered on them, but it was going to cost too much and take more time than we needed. 

So instead, I decided to do it myself. I've never embroidered before, but I thought I'd give my hand. It was pretty difficult and it's clear I had no idea what I was doing but we like them.

I'm going to be sad to see our little window ledge go when the landlords change it, but for now it makes the perfect spot to hang our stockings from. 

I'm excited for next year, when I'll hopefully have more time to decorate and have been able to accumulate more decorations. And hey, if anyone wants to send any Disney Christmas decorations my way, I promise, they'll come to a good home ;)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!