Friday 29 November 2013

The post where I talk about my cat.

A couple of months ago, we started noticing a drastic change in Mara's behaviour. She cuddled with us less, she was more violent, getting into trouble more -- everything changed.

She used to cuddle with us at least once a day, and she has cuddled a grand total of twice with me in two months.

We couldn't figure it out for the longest time, and I didn't feel like looking at any of those cat whisperer things or anything. She's our pet, it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out.

So I started mentally mapping out the changes around here that happened about the time the acting out started. There were the renos - which weren't big, but enough to interrupt her living space. I went from being home all the time, to being gone, and Scott wasn't home much either, but I didn't think those were it. They could have been part of the reason, but something bigger had to be the cause.

That's when I realized it was a couple of months ago we started locking her up at night. She used to sleep in our bedroom at night (we close the door), but she had started getting too active at bed time and was tearing out room apart.

I managed to convince Scott to start letting her stay out and to leave our bedroom door open. The first two nights, she was quiet but stayed in the living room. The third night and last night, she slept with us. The last two days, she's come to cuddle with me three times on the couch, and she's been a little less of a brat during the day.

So, I doubt that everything is solved, but it's nice to have a cuddly, wonderful cat again rather than a demon kitty.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww cats they have feelings too. Glad she's back =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats are also like children.. I wake up at 3 am ever night now because Grif is trying to dig to China in his litter box. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard in our one bedroom apartment. He also comes for cuddles at 5:45 because that is "you've slept too long, and it is time to feed me" time lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the sleeping habits of cats.....took almost 3 years for our pair to settle into a night time routine that allows us sleep and keeps them happy too.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!