Saturday 26 October 2013

Trying to be a housewife, and kind of failing.

As I'm settling into married life I find myself astounded by all the things my mom was able to do when we were growing up. She didn't always work, but when she was capable of it and started working days, she managed to make dinner every night, bake for us, do our laundry and keep the house clean.

I'm finding if I manage to do one of those things, the others are moot -- there is no way I'm going to make it to them. If I make dinner, I might be able to do some laundry but that's it.

The weirdest part is, I'm enjoying all this house-wifey stuff. The cooking, the baking, the groceries, all of it. I think I'd actually be content being a stay-home wife, writing full time and just taking care of things. I hate that my house is a mess and I want it to be cleaned, but it's hard to do that in the middle of renovations.

Anyways, it's an adjustment, but I like it. Now all I need is to figure out how to fit everything in one day, and I'll be good!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to remember that nobody's perfect! Do the things that are most important and don't worry about the rest! Happiness comes before a perfect to do list because perfect doesn't exist! xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!